Due to mandated public health practices resulting from the COVID-19 Pandemic, the District has cancelled all community CPR Classes until futher notice.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Facts
- Fewer than one-third of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest victims receive bystander CPR. Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double or triple a victim’s chance of survival.
- The American Heart Association trains more than 12 million people in CPR annually, including healthcare professionals and the general public.
- The most effective rate for chest compressions is greater than 100 compressions per minute – the same rhythm as the beat of the BeeGee’s song, “Stayin’ Alive.”
- For further information, see www.Heart.org
- Better yet… take a CPR class from Avra Valley Fire District!
CPR Class Information
Download and fill out the registration form below. Please register at least 2 days prior to the class. For more information call (520) 682-3255.
The Heartsaver CPR AED course is a video-based, instructor-led course which teaches both adult and child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, as well as how to relieve choking in adults, children and infants.
This course teaches skills using the American Heart Association’s research-proven “practice while watching” technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED in order to meet job, regulatory (for example OSHA), or other requirements.
This course can be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. All guidelines are in accordance with the American Heart Association. Students receive a course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
This Heartsaver CPR AED course does not include First Aid.
We usually offer a class once per quarter. The cost of the class is $10 for District residents and $20 for non-District residents.